SaaS aka software as a service is internet based software deployment model. Here provider licenses an application to customers for use as a service on demand. This fundamentally would mean that traditional Independent software vendor who provides ownership through licensing would be replaced by SAAS’s “rental” model. SAAS provider would always have power to turn off the services due to non-payment or after the on-demand contract expires.
Some features in nut shell are as underneath:
- Technology model- multi-tenant architecture
- Pricing model- Subscription based, Pay as you go or Pay for what you use.
- Financial perspective– From CAPEX to predictable OPEX
- Massively scalable to meet increase in demand
- Fix or Feature, deployed in one location and it is available to every customer.